Nareh is Health Law Counsel at DDO Health Law. She has a broad health law and corporate practice advising clients in the health care sector about various matters.
Nareh’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- Health law. Nareh regularly provides advice related to health legislation and regulation affecting hospitals, long-term care homes, community and mental health clinics, and regulated health professionals. She also advises on consent and capacity, substitute decision-making, mental health, research, and transfers and discharges from health care institutions.
- Health information, privacy and new technologies. Nareh provides practical privacy and information management advice, including advice related to the applicability and implementation of the relevant legislative framework and compliance requirements. She routinely conducts privacy impact assessments, responds to privacy breaches, and advises clients about privacy policies and procedures. She also works on specialized issues in health research and data use, as well as advising on use of big data in the health care sector.
- Risk management, strategic and reputational advice. Nareh assists clients on issues that create significant clinical or enterprise risk, including providing support to senior teams to preserve institutional reputation through conducting investigations and preparing media responses. She routinely advises on issues relating to managing conflicts in health care settings.
- Governance. Nareh advises health care organizations on matters of corporate governance, such as Board governance orientation, compliance with regulatory requirements, and policies to ensure leading governance practices. Nareh also has experience drafting and reviewing by-laws and policy documents.
- Charitable and Not-for-Profit advice. Nareh provides advice to charities and not-for-profit organizations in the health care sector. She regularly advises on charity registration/incorporation and compliance requirements, preparation of governing by-laws and other organizational documents, gift agreements and fundraising requirements, and various other matters related to the operation of charities and not-for-profit organizations.
- Corporate/Commercial. Nareh provides advice on and conducts research related to a variety of corporate/commercial matters. She has experience drafting and reviewing various corporate/commercial agreements, such as amalgamation and asset transfer agreements; amending agreements; non-disclosure, assignment and novation agreements; and shared services and data sharing agreements.
Nareh graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2018. At Osgoode, she was a research assistant for four professors, was an executive member of the Health Law Association, and completed two practicums (an advance business law workshop in corporate finance and an internship at the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network). She also received her Honours Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto, with High Distinction, specializing in human biology and sociology. Nareh is concurrently continuing her education at the University of Toronto’s Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, with a focus on health policy.
Nareh summered, interned throughout her final year of law school, and articled at DDO Health Law prior to joining the firm as Health Law Counsel.