Nareh is Health Law Counsel at DDO Health Law. She has a mixed health, privacy, and corporate law practice, focused on the following areas:
- Health law. Nareh regularly advises on health legislation and regulation impacting hospitals, long-term care homes, community and mental health clinics, academic health sciences centres, and regulated health professionals, and conducts statutory compliance reviews. She provides advice on and drafts policies related to consent and capacity, substitute decision-making, e-health, medical assistance in dying, medical devices, ethical standards, and cannabis regulations.
- Privacy, information management, and technology. Nareh regularly provides practical privacy, research, and information management advice, including guidance related to relevant legislative requirements (PHIPA, PIPEDA, FIPPA, GDPR, CASL, and other statutes). She routinely conducts privacy impact assessments, drafts data sharing agreements, responds to privacy breaches, and advises and provides training to clients. She also works on specialized issues in research and data use, as well as advises on big data initiatives, including projects related to artificial intelligence and other machine learning technologies.
- Corporate/commercial. Nareh has experience in drafting and reviewing various agreements, such as amalgamation and asset transfer agreements, services agreements, amending agreements, non-disclosure and assignment agreements. She regularly provides advice for corporate reorganizations, including as related to regulatory requirements, due diligence, and preparation of documentation. She routinely drafts and advises on template agreements to streamline internal processes.
- Risk management, strategic and reputational advice. Nareh assists clients on issues that create significant clinical or enterprise risk, including providing support to senior teams to preserve institutional reputation such as through assisting in investigations and preparing media responses.
- Procurement. Nareh provides guidance to broader public sector entities at all stages of the procurement process, including reviewing, evaluating, and drafting RFX documents, vendor responses, and purchase agreements.
- Governance, charitable, and not-for-profit advice. Nareh advises health care organizations on matters of corporate governance, such as board governance orientation and compliance with regulatory requirements. She regularly provides advice on charity registration and compliance requirements, including preparation and revision of governing by-laws, and other organizational documents, gift agreements and fundraising requirements.
Nareh graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2018. At Osgoode, she was a research assistant for four professors, and completed two practicums (an advance business law workshop in corporate finance and an internship at the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network). She also received her Honours Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto, with High Distinction, specializing in human biology and sociology.
Nareh summered, interned throughout her final year of law school, and articled at DDO Health Law prior to joining the firm as Health Law Counsel.