February 16, 2018: A weekly scan of new legislation and regulations important to the Ontario health sector, as well as articles of interest.
The Ontario Legislature has adjourned until February 20, 2018.
- Regulation 456/16 – Local Health System Integration Act (“LHSIA”)
- The Health Shared Services Ontario (“HSSOntario”) was established under the LHSIA to provide corporate services to LHINs and formerly CCACs in support of their expanded mandate. The MOHLTC is seeking to amend s. 3 of the Regulation 456/16 under the LHSIA, which would expand the range of entities to whom HSSOntario can provided shared services to from LHINs to also include “others”.
- The proposed amendment would enable HSSOntario to provide shared services support to non-LHIN entities. By amending this regulation, the MOHLTC has determined that the regulation would not impose new administrative burdens or financial costs to businesses or the business sector.
Comments Due Date: March 12, 2018
- Regulation 79/10 – Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007
- The MOHLTC is proposing an amendment to the Regulation to allow LTC Rate Reduction Program applicants the following options as an alternative to submitting a Notice of Assessment document with their application form:
- Provide a copy of Proof of Income Statement (Option –C Print); or
- Electronically access resident income information from the CRA using an Automated Income Verification (AIV) system upon written authorization
- The MOHLTC is proposing that the amendments, if approved, would come into effect on May 1, 2018
For more information: http://www.ontariocanada.com/registry/view.do?postingId=26706&language=en
Comments due: March 10, 2018
MOHLTC News Room
Articles of Interest
What’s happening in our city this weekend: