January 12, 2018: A weekly scan of new legislation and regulations important to the Ontario health sector, as well as articles of interest.
The Ontario Legislature has adjourned until February 20, 2018.
Proposed and Approved Regulations
O.REG 79/10 – Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007
- The following amendments to O.REG 79/10 were made:
- The Director under LTCHA can designate reunification priority access beds for individuals who meet the requirements to be placed in category 1 (crisis) on the waiting list for admission and seeking to be reunified in a LTC home with their spouse/partner. Requirements for the waiting list and priority for admission is set out.
- The Minister of Health and Long-Term Care or the Director is required to disclose personal information about an individual to a health regulatory college and the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers for the purpose of administration or enforcement of legislation that relates to these Colleges, or where the Minister or Director is of opinion that it is advisable to do so.
- The Director has the power to designate specialized unit in a LTC home on his or her own initiative, after considering input from the LHIN and the licensee of the LTC, but can only do so if the licensee agrees with the designation and the Director is satisfied with the licensee’s compliance with the requirements under the legislation.
- The Ministry may also serve a document by using a commercial courier.
- Effective Date: January 1, 2018
Articles of Interest
What’s happening in our city this weekend: