Looking for on-site privacy training for your family health team? Kate Dewhirst offers practical and engaging privacy training specific to family health teams.
- Privacy terminology and privacy rules
- Consequences for a privacy breach
- Who is the “Health Information Custodian” in a family health team (with a family health organization)
- What do Health Information Custodians have to do?
- Patient rights
- Consent rules and exceptions to the rules
- Circle of care: sharing information as part of a “health care system”
- Lockbox: Can patients decide not to share information with their health care providers?
- Social media and technology issues
- Working within HealthLinks and other community sharing projects
- Privacy Standards & IPC Orders – storytelling to bring privacy to life
I am a family physician working in a busy Family Health Team. PHIPA impacts all of our clinical and administrative activities. Kate Dewhirst provided us with an engaging and highly informative presentation. She was able to make a large room of multidisciplinary health care providers and administrative staff feel more like a small group session with lots of informal interactions, humor, questions and answers and real life examples of privacy issues and management. Kate kept the meeting on schedule and organized. Kate’s information motivated me to make some immediate changes in my office function. I can highly recommend Kate Dewhirst as an excellent, high value resource in navigating the confusing waters of health care privacy. – Dr. Richard Wiginton, Brighton/Quinte West Family Health Team
Kate’s knowledge of privacy legislation and her ability to translate it in a very meaningful way to front line staff was invaluable. Staff were engaged throughout the entire length of the workshop. – Mary Atkinson, Executive Director, North Perth FHT
Please contact Kate at email@example.com for more information