DDO Health Law runs a monthly call-in program to discuss legal issues facing family health teams (FHTs). These calls are for Executive Directors, Lead Physicians and human resources personnel for FHTs and family health organizations (FHOs)/family health networks (FHNs).
What are the topics for 2016? (Note: If the date has passed, a recording of the session may be available)
- January 7 – Managing an older workforce/dealing with employees past retirement age
- February 4 – Providing services to kids and youth
- March 3 – Providing services to the elderly
- April 7 – Pros and cons of becoming a charity
- May 5– Privacy updates (including managing staff who are also patients)
- June 2 – Emergency preparedness
- July – no call
- August – no call
- September 8 – Managing difficult situations involving patients and families
- October 6 – Investigating complaints against physicians who are not employees
- November 3 – Mental health 101
- December 1 – Social media and the law
Monthly calls are scheduled over the lunch hour from 12pm – 1pm on the first Thursday of the month. There are no calls scheduled for July or August.
- You will hear from legal experts who understand FHTs (and your relationship with your FHOs/FHNs)
- You get 10 monthly calls on the latest legal topics and trends affecting FHTs
- You will have a chance to ask questions and share stories with your FHT colleagues
- Your FHT will receive a 10% discount on all in-service training by DDO Health Law in 2016
- You can be added to our email list to receive legal updates as they happen
- The calls are exclusively for FHTs – so you know you are getting information relevant to your day-to-day work
- You can have as many people from your FHT and affiliated FHOs/FHNs (physicians) on each call – the flat fee is per FHT
What is the cost? and how do I sign up?
There is a flat fee for an annual subscription. Fees are per FHT. Please contact Franca Latino at email@example.com for details about this program, fees and how to sign up or if you are having technical difficulties on the day of a session.