DDO Health Law is proud to announce a new monthly call-in program dedicated to employment law issues for health care organizations.
This teleconference offers a cost-effective and convenient way for managers and human resources personnel for health care organizations to stay current on legal issues. You will learn how to save your organization money by avoiding the most common and costly mistakes in managing employees.
Topics for 2015/2016
September 29 New developments in the enforceability of employment contracts
October 27 Accommodating mental illness in the health care workplace
November 24 New developments in 2015 on overtime and hours of work
December NO CALL
January 26 Termination of employment – pitfalls and solutions
February 23 FAQs and practical answers on accommodating family responsibilities
March 29 The Employment Standards Act – most common mistakes
April 26 How to conduct a proper workplace investigation
May 3 Recent cases on “just cause terminations”
June 28 How to avoid age discrimination in the workplace
Monthly calls are scheduled over the lunch hour from 12pm – 1pm on the last Tuesday of the month.
- For one price, you get 9 calls on the latest legal topics and trends
- You can have as many people from your organization on each call as you wish, the flat fee is per employer
- The calls are exclusively for health care employers; the topics discussed come from our firsthand experience advising hospitals, long-term care homes, family health teams, community agencies, health charities and other health care organizations on their most common and costly human resources problems
- The calls are designed for adult learners and use storytelling and scenarios to keep you interested
- You will have a chance to ask questions and share stories with your colleagues
- You can be added to our email list to receive legal updates as they happenThe teleconference is offered as a flat rate subscription per employer. The cost is $600 plus HST.
The teleconference is offered as a flat rate subscription per employer. The cost is $600 plus HST. Early Bird Discount: Sign up by August 31st and save $100 ($500 + HST). Please contact Franca Latino at email@example.com for details about this program, fees and how to sign up.